Raised for Local Nonprofits
308 gifts
Totaling $46,225.00
Circle of Giving Match Day
Raised for Local Nonprofits
308 gifts
Totaling $46,225.00
Raised for Local Nonprofits
308 gifts
Totaling $46,225.00

St. Mark's Episcopal Church

Specific Need

St. Mark's church building is well over 100 years old, and we need to do some work!

Mission

St. Mark's Episcopal Church members strive to be faithful, to love justice, to do mercy and to walk humbly with God. (Book of Common Prayer)

Profile

St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Blue Rapids, was organized as a mission church in 1871, according to the Blue Rapids Centennial 1870-1970 book.

 

The book noted that St. Mark’s underwent “many of the tribulations of small churches.”

 

“No rector was available and no definite records were kept, but services were held periodically in available public halls,” the book said.

The church became inactive, but in 1888 the mission was revived and services were held occasionally.

 

In 1901, the Rev. H.C. Attwater became pastor for St. Mark’s, and services  were held in Olmstead Hall, above the public library.

St. Mark’s obtained a home when the Congregational Church, at Sixth and Lincoln streets, no longer used its building, which was constructed in 1882.

 

St. Mark’s members rented the church, and in 1904 purchased it.

 

The parish hall to the south of the church was built in 1953.

$4,610.00 received
in 18 gifts

Contact

600 Lincoln
Blue Rapids KS 66411
Phone: (785) 562-7706

Connect with us

Send Email

Share this page



Website designed & hosted by Evergreen Giving Day Solutions
Copyright © 2019 Blue Rapids Community Foundtion.